In 1864 Holme Priory became the residence of yet another Nathaniel Bond when he married Lady Selina Scott, a daughter of the 2nd Earl of Eldon, whose home was just five miles to the south at Encombe House. It was an excellent marriage because it joined two of the county's most illustrious families. The Bonds had been landowners in Dorset and elsewhere since the 15th century, while Lady Selina's grandfather had been a hugely successful London lawyer who had occupied the prestigious post of Lord Chancellor of England for a record of 25 years. Lady Selina brought wealth and enhanced social standing to Nathaniel's already secure independence. However more importantly, it was to be a quite exceptionally happy union, blest with eleven surviving children. Both families had a history of church-building. The first Lord Eldon was responsible for the complete refurbishment of the 'old' church at Kingston. In 1746 Denis Bond started building a church at Creech, which John Bond completed in 1840. Other members of the family were responsible for Tyneham, where one of them was the incumbent for 57 years until his death aged 95 in 1852. These traditions were to be carried on at East Holme by the young Bonds and, later, by Lady Selina's brother, the 3rd. Lord Eldon, who founded the magnificent and very expensive 'new' church of St. James (1880) at Kingston, to a design by the celebrated London architect G.E.Street (1824-81). Both churches were erected in memory of one of their sponsor's siblings: East Holme commemorates Nathaniel's brother Denis, who had died in 1863 and Kingston, one of Lord Eldon's five sisters. In both cases, the family deaths resulted in large bequests in response to which the recipients almost certainly felt an obligation to erect a memorial church.