On the north wall of the nave, near the impressive Victorian pulpit, is a shallow recess containing a tomb, which is canopied with crocheted ogee cusping and wall flower decoration. This arrangement prompted Sir Owen Morshead to suggest that it is an Easter sepulchre (the only other one in the county is at Tarrant Hinton). However others do not agree because a skeleton was found in it during the 1860 restoration. Note, under the pulpit there is some exquisite carving.
There are excellent guide boards in the church and it is well worth a visit.
- << Prev