There was once a Norman church here, but all that is left is large arcading high up on the the south wall of the north aisle. However, the present building dates mainly from the 16c, although there is a 15c tower. It was rebuilt and enlarged by T. H. Wyatt 1844-5. The extensive stencilled lettering in the chancel shows the influence of the Oxford Movement and was carried out about fifty years later. The little 16c windows above the chancel arch bear the coats of arms of King Henry VIII and those of two of his wives, Katherine Howard and Katherine Parr.
A memorial inside commemorates Thomas Wedgewood, the son of Josiah (of pottery fame), who is credited with the invention of photography, although he was unable to find a means of 'fixing' his pictures.
Note, the family pew.