A church here was repaired in 1493 so that the inhabitants would not have to walk to Wimborne for services, which they were finding trying in bad weather. It was completely rebuilt in brick in 1836 to a design by John Tulloch, who was responsible for two or three other churches in the county. T.H.Wyatt was responsible for the chancel of 1875, which hugely improves the otherwise rather plain interior. The pulpit is early 17c and was brought from Wimborne Minster in 1858.
The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©