This is a most attractive setting for a rural church, tucked in under Pilsdon Pen with Marshwood Vale laid out below. There are just a scattering of houses with the old rectory next door. Certainly not a village, more a hamlet. The tower is medieval, but the rest is the result of a sensitive restoration by John Hicks of Dorchester. The work, which was completed in 1862 included re-using some of the original windows.
The stone pulpit is Victorian. The font is also Victorian and carved by Benjamin Grassby, whose exquisite work can be found in many of Dorset's restorations of the period. (see Long Bredy and North Poorton)
The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©