The village of Long Burton lies strung out along the main A352 road, a few miles south of Sherborne and the church is situated on the east side of the road. The building is essentially C15, but the tower is C13. There is a C17 north chapel, built as a memorial chapel, which houses two sets of fine table tombs and some effigies. Inevitably, it was pulled around by the Victorians who added a north aisle in 1873 (William Farrall).
Arthur Mee writes in 'Dorset' that the font is C15. Note the C17 screens: both originally divided off the north chapel from the chancel. They have now been resited, one in the tower arch and one making a vestry area at the back of the North Aisle. Both were rescued from the vicarage where they had been dumped by the 'restorers'.
The church is beautifully illuminated at night.