This is a really splendid genuine Victorian church with its associated school alongside. The nave was built in 1810 and lengthened in 1837-38. Ewan Christian was responsible for the rest, including the apse, but not the tower, which was completed in 1903-5 to a design by C E Ponting and at a cost of £1,656. The wooden ceiling to the Apse is most attractive.
Note the most impressive organ and at the rear of the building an excellent funeral carriage by Goodfellow of Wincanton.
The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©